Saturday, June 21, 2008

More for your reading list


Howdy, loyal Fuller Center fans:

Katherine here. It's not my turn to write yet, but I'd like to sneak in a plug for my website where I am posting a bunch of pictures from the trip and writing my own blog. Eventually, I hope to start posting podcasts of each cross-country rider's story of why they gave up their lives for two months to pedal coast to coast. (Think "This American Life.") Check it out here: XCountry Bike Stories

Don't forget to tell your friends about the Fuller Center for Housing and help us raise $100,000! Thanks again for keeping up with us.

Best,

Katherine Stump, San Antonio

3 comments:

DomerDad said...

Good morning riders,
We're glad you made it to Surprise! Sounds like Nicole's pool was "heaven on earth" for a group of hot and tired cyclists. Glad you have a low milage day ahead of you. Thanks for the updates and pics for the folks back home! Aaron, I heard Jackson Browne's "Running on empty" yesterday and thought of you biking that last 30 miles uphill and into a headwind yesterday.
Ride on.

Linda S said...

Biker gang -
great going for your first week! I am sure it was a little bittersweet to say good-bye to two of your group - but I know you will be joined by other great riders as you go. Katherine, I have really enjoyed your blog (your writing is terrific) - thanks for sharing.

Hope today is a light, easy ride so you are all ready to tackle the week ahead!

You all have lots of prayers and support - keep on peddling!

Sandy Heidecker said...

It is wonderful to hear of your commitment. Katherine, I look forward to reading your blog when I am done sending y'all this message.

It is wonderful to hear of your experiences. It is also something we cannot imagine unless we were there experiencing this ride with you. Even then, you each have your own favorites and experiences.

Go, God be with you as you ride for God's people in need!!