Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 20 – per Josh’s request

Wake up is 7:30 today, but my body doesn’t know that. So at 4:30am, since we have wifi here and the computer was already on, I decided to catch up on the blog.

Katherine’s entry for yesterday is very professional (well, of course – she’s a professional journalist). And Josh’s from the day before is quintessential Josh. He asked for the Oh Susanna song, so here it is. And I’m going back to bed. Tony


Something to keep the mind occupied while riding 20 miles, and another 20 miles, and another 20 miles …


(to the tune of “Oh Susanna”)



San Diego, O don’t you cry for me, ‘cuz I’m headed to Savannah, just my bicycle and me. –repeat after each verse



O I left my home in Michigan for Californ-i-ay. I was headed to Savannah, gonna make it any day.


I’m from Chattahoochee Valley, I’m a builder don’t you see. And as well a lifelong cyclist, what a perfect ride for me.


Well, we both came down from Jersey, though from vastly different exits; and a person from New Jersey is the only one who gets it.


Well, I went out West from Florida, the sunshine was the same. Soon’s I set foot in Savannah I’ll be off to Notre Dame.


I’m from Cleveland – NO Americus, the leader of the pack. Biked from East to West Coast last year, now I’m cycling my way back.


I’m a runner from Kentucky, and it’s quite a feat for me. Gotta bike with my torn ACL besides a busted knee.


O I came from Philadelphia, my dreidel left behind. When I got to Albuquerque, well, I just took cuts in line.


I’m a journalist from San Antone, thought I’d give this ride a whirl. Though I may not have an accent, I’m a sho’ ‘nuff Texas girl.


Well, I come from Texas also; I’m with Kat, my name is Tom. I am not so much a cyclist but I do run marathons.


Well, now, Burlington is my home town and I don’t just drive the van. When the Fuller Center’s not in town I train for Iron Man.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now we have further introductions to all the cyclists--this time in poetry! The talent in your group never ceases to amaze me and I can hardly wait to see what comes next.

Today you cross into Louisiana, your eighth state. Only three more to go! Enjoy your time in Cajun country and don't eat too much gumbo.

Linda S said...

Gang,

Tony - your creativity is amazing -
thanks for sharing your "group song". Hope that you all can enjoy the last days of your trip; I am sure some days it seems endless but I can't beieve that you only have 3 states to go! You are all such an inspiration.

keep on pedaling...

Unknown said...

I want to thank you all (especially Chris for driving!) for taking me in as one of your own for the last 3 days. I had an incredible time working with, riding with, worshipping with, and just hanging out with you all. Your day-in/day-out dedication is humbling to me and I will cherish the lessons I learned while with you. Press on to the goal! (And best of luck with the "Tour de Pillow" for Doug!)
-Tom