Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A letter from Millard Fuller

July 17, 2008


Dear Ryan and fellow Bicycle Adventurers:

Warm greetings to all of you from southwest Georgia. I hope the ride continues to go well.

I want every one of you to know how proud I am about what you are doing. You are incredible ambassadors of goodwill for The Fuller Center. You are not only raising a lot of money, but you are raising awareness and planting seeds for new Fuller Center Covenant Partner groups. I just could not be happier with what you are doing and with what you are accomplishing.

About now, I think, you are hitting the halfway point on your long journey. Just know that you are accomplishing so much and I am sure you will continue to do so in the remaining weeks.

As you are pedaling and moving steadily eastward, know that the work is ongoing in Americus. Every day brings new excitement and more people who want to join this movement of God’s love in action.

Kirk continues to work closely with new groups that are in process of forming Fuller Center Covenant Partner organizations. David Snell is in North Korea this week, seeking to plant seeds for the beginning of a Fuller Center program in that country.

Glen Barton continues to nurture Covenant Partners and help them to maximize their effectiveness in ministry.

Holly Chapman is doing a great job of spreading the word and helping to bring the funds into the headquarters that we need to continue to move vigorously ahead with this work. This week, for example, we are putting in the mail about 120,000 letters which, I am sure, will produce several more thousands of dollars for the ministry.

I am continuing to speak widely. Last week, I was in Fresno, California to meet with a group that wants to start The Fuller Center in that city. I also met there with a number of Armenians who are interested in helping to support the big program we have in Armenia.

Later in the week, I spoke at the annual meeting of the Alabama Bar Association. Then, I was out in Las Vegas to speak at a program called Freedom Fest and to speak in a large Lutheran church.

This week, Linda had her operation on her left knee. I will be at home taking care of her for the next month. Please keep her, and me, in your prayers. I will continue, of course, to do my work, but it will be from home because my primary responsibility will be taking care of her as she recovers from the surgery on her left knee.

Well, Ryan, that’s about it for now. Let me tell you and all of the others again how proud I am of you and how pleased I am with what you are accomplishing. May God continue to be with you, guiding and blessing you as you make your way eastward.


In joyous Christian partnership,



Millard Fuller

1 comment:

Linda S said...

Millard,

Thank you for inspiring my daughter to take on the FCBA challenge! We know that it will be life-changing for her. Our thoughts will be with you and your wife as she recuperates from her surgery.

Linda S