Monday, July 21, 2008

Promises, promises, blogs are coming.

Well, I'm not scheduled for the blog, but in order to keep our beloved fans up to date, I thought I would add a comment and a photo or two. We'll eventually have two more blog post up recounting the last few days, but I want everyone to know that we survived our build day in Shreveport, LA.
Our acomidations have been wonderful, as we have been taken in by an entire community of Fuller Center for Housing residents. They have welcomed us by giving us drinks and bottled water after a long day of biking and working. They have shared with us stories of what their expreiences with the Fuller Center have been like. They have given us tours of the neighborhood which has been changed and continues to change because of the presence of the Fuller Center for Housing. All in all, they seem like an amazing group of people. I'm sure you'll hear more about them and our experiences when the next blog post go up. For now I'll just add some photos.


Biking into spiderwebs: Unbeknownst to Josh and Danny, they are in the midst of a trap with no escape. Fortunately, with quick thinking, I am able to blind the spider with my flash so they can make a hasty retreat.

Signing the papers: Our crew gets ready to start building... only , Doesn't it look like all of the work has been done for us?

Getting some coverage of the coverage: Aaron takes a picture, as Ryan gets interviewed by one of the local news stations.
What it's all about: A night view of one of the new communities started with the Fuller Center for Housing. This area was once all Shotgun-houses. Now it looks great. I hope that our work pays off so well!
(On a side note... the sun is down and we are still up!? This is late for our group!)

Okay more comming, as soon as our group catchs up with themselves. Goodnight,
Nate

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your adventures. I keep track of the group every day! You all are amazing, the way you keep on going day after day! Good inspiration for those days when I feel too lazy to get up early to run! have a great day.
Ruth

Linda S said...

Thanks for "saving" Dani from the spider! I am sure that would not have been good...thanks for the update and here's to hoping that this next stretch of riding is smooth going and storm free.

keep on pedaling...