Thursday, August 7, 2008

12 Days of Cycling

OK, let's get this song over with today. The suspense is just killing Auntie M (and probably no one else). Josh's post is so eloquent, I hate to post above it - great job, Josh.

On the twelfth day of cycling I had to replace 12 zillion inner tubes, 11 dozen clif bars, 10 bunches of bananas, 9 packs of bagels, 8 tubs of cream cheese, 7 loaves of bread, 6 jars of peanut butter, 5 honey bears, 4 brake pad inserts, 3 Kenda tires, 2 Mavic wheels and my front de-e-raileur cable.

One new statistic that should have made it into the song:

Average broken spokes per rider: 0.5
Total broken spokes: 5.0
Tony's broken spokes: 5.0

4 comments:

auntie "m" said...

Thanks, Tony! :) Altho I sense your heart wasn't really into it since the "Adventure" is officially over, I do appreciate your efforts in completing the song! ;)

Thanks for all of your well written blog entries which helped to keep me and the others feeling a part of your amazing experience!

Auntie "M"

Tony Campbell said...

Hi Auntie M - Dani's folks are here. Sorry we won't get to meet you. Thanks for all your encouraging words.
Tony

Beth Iafigliola said...

Last words - thank you! Thank you for propelling people to participate in supporting the mission, thank you for raising the bar on how to meet challenges along the road of life, and thank you for taking care of each other.

auntie "m" said...

Hi, Tony!

I am sorry I won't be able to meet you, your wife and the rest of your group!! Thank YOU again for the many humorous, informative and entertaining posts on the blog which helped me feel like I was somehow a part of Dani's great adventure!!

Margie (Auntie "M")